Take Me Out of the Bathtub and Other Silly Dilly Songs

Take Me Out of the Bathtub | Poetry | Alan Katz | No Awards | ages 3-8 |

This book is a series of funny poems mashed up with familiar children’s songs like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, London Bridge, and more. This collection of poems by Alan Katz and illustrations by David Catarow, changes traditional nursery songs into a hilarious parody. 

From the moment I saw the cover illustration and the familiar title, I knew this book was going to be a fun read! For this reason, I'd definitely use it in my classroom to alleviate the stress and give the children a good laugh with books. Too many times, as educators, we force books onto students causing them to hate reading. Students should know that reading isn't just for learning, or finding a deep message. Reading is to open our minds, entertain us, and use our imagination as we read. I think the appropriate grade level is kindergarten to second grade. I read this book to the small members of my family and they enjoyed the silliness of this book. Some fun activities that come to mind that I associate with this book is have the students mix up familiar songs with their own words. This allows them to use their creativity in the classroom as well as use their musical talents. 


Comments

Popular Posts