Every Day's a Dog's Day

Every Day's a Dog's Day | Poem | Marilyn Singer | Parents Choice Seal; Dog Writers Association of America | ages 3-5 |

A year in poems, from a dog's point of view. This story takes the reader in various days of the year from snow days, Valentine's day, grooming day, birthday, graduation day, boat ride, etc. So many days experienced by dogs and their owners and we can see how differently our point of views are. We can see the excitement of a dog experiencing snow, how they feel about baths, the scare they get from visiting the vet. A book perfect for dog lovers!

As a dog lover, I found this poem to be adorable and sweet! The author writes this book from a dog's point of view, and as I read, I felt like I was speaking to the dogs themselves. Because this book is targeted to the younger audience, and children love animals, I'd use this book in the classroom. I can already hear the "awwww" and laughter from children as I read this book. The appropriate grade levels in my opinion are prek to first grade. There's an approximate of thirty words per page which younger readers won't be able to read but first graders will. An activity inspired by this book is have the students write and draw a day in their life, and then share with the class. They shall explain what happened and how they felt as the dogs from the story did. 



Comments

Popular Posts